Code of Ethics
The below codes were adopted from the National Association of Professional Organizer's Code of Ethics. Life Files Professionals value our clients and want to establish a healthy relationship rooted in trust and honesty.
- We serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We offer services in those areas in which we are qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, we will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- We will advertise our services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately.
- We will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
- We will use proprietary client information only with the client's permission.
- We will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit ourselves or our firm, or reveal this information to others.
- We will decide independently and communicate to our client in advance our fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which we deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with our experience, the services we deliver, and the responsibility we accept.
- We will make recommendations for products and services with our client's best interests in mind.
- We will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with other professional organizers and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of our colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- We will act and speak on a high professional level so as not to bring discredit to the organizing profession.